The stock audio is certainly the best looking audio system you can get, imho. Audiophiles could opt for a better quality system but my personal preference is the SAAB AS2/AS3 system. While commuting i tend to listen to podcasts on a regular basis. So the sound quality isn’t my highest priority.
However the delivery of the podcast from my phone to the my ears has some technical challenges as BT wasn’t widely spread among cars nor was the need for AUX input widely adopted.
There are several aftermarket kits available to equip your SAAB with a AUX input;
- Blaux, BT receiver (unknow price)
- Mikael Nyström – CDC/BT box (SEK. 1500,-),
- SAABaux, wired CDconnect (SEK, 1395,-), optional BT module add-on (SEK 795,-).
- BlueSAAB, Saab CD Changer Bluetooth Auxiliary Input (open source, parts around EUR 50)
- Mauselec, wired CD emulator (EUR 65,-), availability can be challenging.
- Seth Evans Solder job, d.i.y. instructions for the soldering hero (no price given).
- SAABlin (on RaspberryPi), SAABLIN is Open Source audio player simulating CD changer